cddstamps on stamps

my thoughts on stamps, stamp collecting, philately in general and maybe a few other topics !

Friday, October 16, 2015


Hello, Friday night again. Busy week and now time to write about bees and show this lovely stamp and postal cancel stamp.

When I was in the UK two weeks ago I sent myself some of the honey bee  stamps. They arrived this week and with excellent cancels. Thought you might like to see this one.

I read that there are currently only seven species of honey bee with a total of 44 subspecies, though historically, from six to eleven species have been recognized. Honey bees represent only a small fraction of the roughly 20,000 known species of bees. Some other types of related bees produce and store honey, but only members of the genus Apis are true honey bees. The study of honey bees is known as melittology

Finally, there are 24 hours of thereabouts left in the Honey Bee competition, for the Miniature sheet as a prize. I have given various clues. I do have some entries to choose a winner from but am surprised not more readers have entered. Maybe I made it just too hard this time.  Remember all answers have to do with Bees of have the word Bee in the answer J

Look at my previous postings for the questions.  I hope to get more entries by late Saturday my time.


Have a great weekend… Michael www.cddstamps.com  where you can easily fill a gap of two in your collection at a very competitive price. click here to have a look at the country selection.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click to zoom in on my visitor map!
Click to zoom in on my visitor map!