cddstamps on stamps

my thoughts on stamps, stamp collecting, philately in general and maybe a few other topics !

Tuesday, October 06, 2015


Hello, well I am back in Hong Kong after a lovely few days in the UK. Weather was very nice and I even managed 9 holes of golf.  I also managed to find a few stamps and they should arrive soon, hopefully with some clean postal cancels for me to show you in future posts.

The above is a Miniature sheet I had not read about and I hope you like seeing it.

I said I might do a competition with some new GB stamps if I got some. Ok, how about this for a prize.

So, here is the competition question, four parts   - I have to make it harder and fun and perhaps cryptic for a prize this special don’t I  J  Hope you enjoy the research.

  1)   Many years ago I used to enjoy a pint at a pub near Manchester Airport,  What was the name of the Pub?

  2)   What was the name of the band that recorded a piece of piano music that reached number 21 on the USA charts in 1961

   3)    Who said, “That buzzing noise means something. Now, the only reason for making a buzzing noise that I know of is because you are... a bee! And the only reason for being a bee is to make honey. And the only reason for making honey is so I can eat it”

  4)    I rarely go near these but I pray a lot when I do. (answer is a 6 letter word)

I will draw a winner from all entries received 09:00 Saturday 17th October here in Hong Kong,  – to give you time to think these questions through.

Email answers to me at cddstamps@gmail.com and include your mailing address (I do not keep previous addresses and will not use the mailing address for anything else except this competition)

Have fun


Michael    www.cddstamps.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click to zoom in on my visitor map!
Click to zoom in on my visitor map!