cddstamps on stamps

my thoughts on stamps, stamp collecting, philately in general and maybe a few other topics !

Thursday, September 10, 2015



Hello, welcome to the blog if you are a new reader. I hope you enjoy my writings and my stamps.

This tonight, another stamp I like seeing and one that those of you who enjoy art will surely appreciate.

It was issued in 1973 to commemorate the birth centenary of J E H MacDonald. SG 756.  No, he had nothing to do with the restaurant chain. !!  He was a brilliant artist and one of the founders of the "Group of Seven".  My Canadian readers will for sure know of this group.  I visited the the McMichael Art Collection at the gallery in Kleinburg just north of Toronto when I lived there. It really is just one of those galleries you have to visit.

Anyway I won't ramble on about the  Group of Seven, you can  look them up if you want to learn more.

How about a quiz -  this one because I just love the idea I had.    What was the first stamp that Canada Post issued to celebrate an artist from the Group of Seven?   SG number will do or just the year and the stamps details.. I don't mind  ....  just email the answer to me at cddstamps@gmail.com  and include your mailing address.. No address and no win as I do not keep mailing addresses from anyone who has entered a previous competition   I will select a winner on Saturday.. random draw from all entries received.

Enjoy your stamps....  Michael   www.cddstamps.com



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click to zoom in on my visitor map!
Click to zoom in on my visitor map!