cddstamps on stamps

my thoughts on stamps, stamp collecting, philately in general and maybe a few other topics !

Saturday, September 12, 2015



Hello, and thanks again for reading the blog. The winner of the Group of Seven competition was Antoine from Malta. I have replied to a few of you and I wish I could write to each of your personally, sorry I am a bit stretched for time.

The correct answer was the A Y Jackson image of his painting Alaska Highway which was used on the 1967 8c definitive stamps, SG 584. The best example I have is shown along with an image of the actual painting. Which is an oil on wood and was painted in 1943.



Art on stamps is a wonderful theme I think, so will try to find some more, especially Canada, as Canada Post have done many excellent  tributes to Canadian artists.

Thanks as always for reading the blogs and don’t forget,  if you have a few gaps in your collection and want to fill them at competitive prices please have a look at michaelatcddstamps on Bidstart and Stanley Gibbons Marketplace


If  cddstamps is new to you and you want to find out more please read SG Blog here. scroll down a little to see the Featured Story

Have a great day... Michael   
www.cddstamps.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click to zoom in on my visitor map!
Click to zoom in on my visitor map!