cddstamps on stamps

my thoughts on stamps, stamp collecting, philately in general and maybe a few other topics !

Friday, August 22, 2014



Hello, I am back in Sydney and today I picked this up from the Post Office. Hope you enjoy seeing it. Click image to enlarge.

One of these I really like, well for my aerophilatelic collection I suppose. The 1954 Trans-Australian Airways advertisement.

TAA  (renamed Australian Airlines in 1986) was one of the two major Australian domestic airlines between its inception in 1946 and its sale to Qantas in September 1992.  In 1954 TAA became the first airline outside Europe to introduce the Vickers Viscount 'propjet', and in 1981 it introduced the A300 Airbus, the first wide body aircraft to be purchased by an Australian domestic airline.

Of course, some would it has all been downhill since then!!    :-)

enjoy your stamps 

Michael
www.cddstamps.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click to zoom in on my visitor map!
Click to zoom in on my visitor map!