cddstamps on stamps

my thoughts on stamps, stamp collecting, philately in general and maybe a few other topics !

Wednesday, August 20, 2014


Hello, one more from my sorting tonight.   Interesting that this is the 15c stamp which in 1953 was the first QEII stamp to be overprinted STAMP DUTY. 

This one is also overprinted, as you can see, B. of E.  That is Bill of Exchange.  I have no more knowledge of this stamp or other Revenue Stamps from that period so if any reader can educate me I would be most pleased to hear from you.

Hope you are enjoying your stamps
Best wishes..Michael
www.cddstamps.com
PS don't forget the competition  - prize is a nice set of Hong Kong stamps - I wrote about yesterday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click to zoom in on my visitor map!
Click to zoom in on my visitor map!