cddstamps on stamps

my thoughts on stamps, stamp collecting, philately in general and maybe a few other topics !

Sunday, August 31, 2014



Hello, here are two of the stamps from the Hong Kong Cantonese Opera Costumes issue I promised to show. Really stunning I hope you will agree.  Click image to enlarge.

Cantonese opera costumes come in a wide variety of styles and correspond to the identity and social status of the different roles performed on the stage. The issue presents  seven distinctive costumes, namely the great Han costume, a gown with a sloping collar, a dress for young ladies, a military uniform for soldiers, a python ceremonial robe, a gown with a vertical collar and on the miniature sheet I showed last night the grand armour. The stamps feature intricate illustrations of Cantonese opera costumes modeled on real ones worn in live performances.

Enjoy your stamps...  Michael

www.cddstamps.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click to zoom in on my visitor map!
Click to zoom in on my visitor map!