cddstamps on stamps

my thoughts on stamps, stamp collecting, philately in general and maybe a few other topics !

Monday, September 10, 2007

airships.. well it is a different topic..........


Hello, looking through my flight covers I came across this.. awesome looking "airship" don't you think.. and it had a length of 84 feet.. in the picture it looks big doesn't it, and dont we think of airships as big... well compare this to the A380 which I seem to have on my mind ... which is 239.5 feet in length..


so tell me .. to win this cover if you email me the correct answer to cddstamps@gmail.com and include your mailing address.. is the A380 length greater or lesser then its width measured wing tip to wing tip...??


enjoy your stamps.. oh...........and I just thought of a new competition.. you design a commemorative postmark for the Sydney to Singapore flight.. first commercial A380 flight from Sydney to Singapore - it is the return of the Singapore Airways flight from Singapore to Sydney and departs 26 October 2007 .. design a frank.. I'll chose the one I like the best and get a handstamp made.. there will surely be a prize.. time will tell email me in jpeg format if you possibly can


Michael

1 Comments:

At 5:05 PM, Blogger Danna Mancini said...

Hi,

The length of the A380 is shorter than its width.

And if you would like to see a letter actually posted on the Hindenburg, go to my blog: airshipsetc.blogspot.com

Danna Mancini

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click to zoom in on my visitor map!
Click to zoom in on my visitor map!