cddstamps on stamps

my thoughts on stamps, stamp collecting, philately in general and maybe a few other topics !

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Judy Garland..........


Now did that subject heading get you interested or what........... what a remarkable lady.. what a talented singer.. and what do I know other than I saw a few films and the "Boy from Oz"

But as for stamps, she was recognised on a US issue - which was another MS I got while I was in the US - Here is the right hand side of the sheet.. of 20 stamps..... a lovely sheet in my view.
I will treasure this one... I thought it was interesting to read how many years ago that she won an Academy Award "for her outstanding performance as a screen juvenile" for her performances in the 1939 films Babes in Arms and The Wizard of Oz.

"Over the Rainbow" is one of the many classic songs she sang. This "Judy Garland" stamp image is based on a publicity photo from A Star is Born, and the side of the stamp sheet depicts her as Dorothy in The Wizard of Oz.

OK.. so.... in what year did she get the Academy Award ?

I expect at least 100 replies from my US readers alone.... dream on you say !!! ... but someone .. lets say the 4th correct entry, will win a FDC of my choice.. usual rules.. email me at cddstamps@gmail.com and you must include your mailing address
sorry but I am not giving away this MS.. bad sport that I am, anyway, I look forward to hearing from you....

enjoy your stamps.. how can you not, I often wonder.... Michael

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click to zoom in on my visitor map!
Click to zoom in on my visitor map!