cddstamps on stamps

my thoughts on stamps, stamp collecting, philately in general and maybe a few other topics !

Friday, February 11, 2022

Hello,  welcome to the weekend.   I do hope you have time for stamps - and perhaps time to pop into the cddstamps online store here.   We have  listed a few lovely GVI and early QE II from  Bermuda and British Guiana as well as a few more North Borneo.   Not too many but a few that you might not have, especially some perf differences and shades.

Anyway one more tonight from Kedah - this from the 1959 issue which saw the GVI portrait replaced with that of Sultan Abdul HalimShah.  Same stamp design, Did you see the new portrait straightaway?  many do not!   

Also to note, there are two perf  varieties, the  original 1959 issue was perf 12½  and there was a 1960 reprint with perf 12½ x 13.   Just nice to have both in your collection I think, And they are not at all costly to acquire.

I want to digress  just this once as today I saw a listing for a stamp for sale. Perhaps this is  just my view so take it that way if you will, but I do hope that if you are a new collector you do realise this type of listing is - as I say in my view -  one to avoid.  Basically you have little idea - in my view - of what you will be getting if you think this would be good to add to your collection. Your choice of course, but this image has been greatly enhanced, brightened shall we say.  Not a good sign in my book.  But as I say,  just my thinking.  I am reminded of the old expression - if it looks like a duck, smells like a duck and sounds like a duck,,,,, it is a ...........  :-) 


Have a brilliant philatelic weekend wherever you are.    michael cddstamps.com

and  with thanks to my friend at  British Commonwealth Album  here   -  and you might enjoy a visit to his online stor as well this weekend  the Used Stamp Collector here




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click to zoom in on my visitor map!
Click to zoom in on my visitor map!