cddstamps on stamps

my thoughts on stamps, stamp collecting, philately in general and maybe a few other topics !

Thursday, February 03, 2022

Hello, let’s start something new. This time we will look at the stamps from the Malaysian States. I will do this in alphabetical order so we will start with Johore. I will also try and avoid earlier issues with various overprints, perhaps just too complicated, Omnibus issues like the 1949 UPU issue and the 1953 Coronation issue.  

Johore joined the Federation of Malaya in 1948 and the first Johore stamps were issued in 1891.  This and other early issues show just the image of the Sultans Abu Bakar and then Sir Ibrahim. It was not until 1960 that we started to see pictorial definitives.

The first were based on the 1957 designs of Kedah but with the portrait of Sultan Ismail (as above).  Not an expensive set of 11 but perhaps not easy to get a nice copy of each issue. The 10c stamp above is one of the very common ones and  rather attractive I think.

More over the coming days.   enjoy your stamps   Michael cddstamps.com

and  with thanks to my friend at  British Commonwealth Album  here   -  and you might enjoy a visit to his online store  the Used Stamp Collector here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click to zoom in on my visitor map!
Click to zoom in on my visitor map!