cddstamps on stamps

my thoughts on stamps, stamp collecting, philately in general and maybe a few other topics !

Saturday, January 29, 2022

Hello,  today the last stamp I will show from Jamaica. Everyone has a favourite animal and perhaps some like the  beautiful and majestic giraffe, so this stamp is my  choice. 


 This is from the  QE II 1954 issue.  Rather stunning I think.  There was also a 10c value of the same design  just a different colour.

For this 50c value do look carefully at the colour as there was a second printing in 1957 in the colour claret,  rather this shade which is, by the SG colour guide, reddish purple.

Enjoy your stamps and all they bring us.         Michael cddstamps.com

and  with thanks to my friend at  British Commonwealth Album  here   -  and you might enjoy a visit to his online store  the Used Stamp Collector here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click to zoom in on my visitor map!
Click to zoom in on my visitor map!