cddstamps on stamps

my thoughts on stamps, stamp collecting, philately in general and maybe a few other topics !

Tuesday, February 01, 2022

Today I am showing a Labuan stamp which was issued in 1897; one of a set issued over the period 1897 to 1901, all being stamps of North Borneo with Labuan engraved into the North Borneo plate.

The colours are also changed from the North Borneo printings of the same period. This for example is the Labuan 2 cent value, showing the Sambar Stag. Beautiful. In the North Borneo issue this was  printed in black and rose lake. 

One more tomorrow to complete this  collecting area.

Enjoy your stamps and all they bring us.         Michael cddstamps.com

and  with thanks to my friend at  British Commonwealth Album  here   -  and you might enjoy a visit to his online store  the Used Stamp Collector here.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click to zoom in on my visitor map!
Click to zoom in on my visitor map!