cddstamps on stamps

my thoughts on stamps, stamp collecting, philately in general and maybe a few other topics !

Sunday, February 06, 2022

Hello back after a busy weekend. I hope yours was good.  Today we move to the State of Kedah, Interesting history since it was very much influenced by the Thai monarchy in the early years with Thai stamps used in the late 1800s.

But as I mentioned last week they also had  pictorial definitives and while I like the 1957 issues  as I mentioned last week – I will show some over the coming days – I also particularly like the  1912  issues. Just three designs over a set of 15 stamps.

The Malay ploughing design  is used  on  the most issues from the 10c to the 50c issues and the Alor Star Council Chamber is used on the higher value to $5.

More over the coming days.   enjoy your stamps   Michael cddstamps.com

and  with thanks to my friend at  British Commonwealth Album  here   -  and you might enjoy a visit to his online store  the Used Stamp Collector here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click to zoom in on my visitor map!
Click to zoom in on my visitor map!