cddstamps on stamps

my thoughts on stamps, stamp collecting, philately in general and maybe a few other topics !

Sunday, February 13, 2022

Hello,  two more from Kelantan . Do you recognize this first one?  Yes we saw it in the Johore issue. 

Here it is again, from the 1961 Kelantan issue, this time with the portrait of the Sultan Yahya Petra.  Lovely design, as I may have said before, and I think it makes for an interesting collection to get one from each State. 


This second stamp you will also find various copies of. 

This is the orchid issue of 1965. Just 7 in the issue but with two others issued in 1970 with the watermark sideways. This is a set that I have been guilty of getting the watermark wrong. Do look carefully. The watermark upright, that is the 1965 issue, has a 2021 SG cat value of 25 pence for a  good quality used copy. The 1970 issue of the stamp with watermark sideways is £10. Not the sort of error one wants to make too often.

Next we will move to Malacca. Hope you join me.

Enjoy your stamps   Michael cddstamps.com

and  with thanks to my friend at  British Commonwealth Album  here   -  and you might enjoy a visit to his online store  the Used Stamp Collector here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click to zoom in on my visitor map!
Click to zoom in on my visitor map!