cddstamps on stamps

my thoughts on stamps, stamp collecting, philately in general and maybe a few other topics !

Wednesday, January 09, 2013



Picture not uploaded yet no way I can upload for some strange reason  sorry

Hello,    hope you like these. I meant to get to the Post Office to buy some but just had no free time.

Maybe tomorrow. Maybe even get an extra set or two as a prize for a competition :-)

The Snake is the sixth sign in the Chinese zodiac and it symbolises wisdom, caution and romance.   Not my sign eh!!!!!  The stamps feature the calligraphic symbol for the Snake and its pictorial derivation.

The stamps show the development of the Chinese character for the Snake, shown fully in the $1.80c stamp, and the way it is derived from its pictorial representation, shown in the 60c stamp. Paper-cut motifs are used to pictorially represent the Snake in the 60c stamp.

send me a picture of the Year of teh Snake stamps from your contry and I'll show them so other readers can enjoy.

Best wishes ... Michael
 www.cddstamps.com


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click to zoom in on my visitor map!
Click to zoom in on my visitor map!