cddstamps on stamps

my thoughts on stamps, stamp collecting, philately in general and maybe a few other topics !

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

just a lovely stamp

Hello, I have been soaking stamps.. first though a big thank you to the lovely person who sent me the stamps. I have enjoyed seeing them, as well as soaking them. So easy to soak, one packet already done :-) and they are mostly recent issues (2000's) and they will be just perfect for my childen's corner. I thought I would show one stamp I saw, that I particularly like, although there are many others. If you know me at all you will know I like horses, as long as they don't throw me or kick me :-)


Anyway, Hope you enjoy seeing this stamp.
Best wishes........... Michael

3 Comments:

At 5:20 PM, Anonymous Charlie said...

It is an impressive stampm and postally used to boot. I also love to get accumulations of recent postally used on paper that I can go through and soak, sort and eventually mount.
.
One of our local club members is a "vest pocket" dealer who travels from club to club with a nice selection of stamps and supplies. Most of the club members would be out of luck in this rural area as there are no real stamp stores any where close.
.
He also brings a sizeable box filled with recent kilo ware that he sells for about 8 or 10 cents each. The members spread the pile around a table and several (me too) will sit there rooting through the pile and selecting items for their collections.
.
Since I am having a problem getting to the meetings lately I call him every so often and ask him to bring a separate bag for me to look through. I am fortunate in that he has to drive past my house while en route to the club meeting and so I just walk to the end of my drive way and meet him.
.
Then I get to pick through the package over the next couple of weeks and I often take four or five hundred of the recent issues from the better collecting countries. In bulk I usually get a bigger discount. But it takes me several weeks to go through them all, choose what I like, check to make sure I am not choosing duplicates and then get around to washing and sorting what I have chosen. Meanwhile I send the payment and remainders to him in the mail using as many nice stamps as I can jam on the box.
.

 
At 10:11 PM, Blogger cddstamps said...

Hi Charliem yes good to see postally used. makes it more enjoyable.

best wishes Michael

 
At 6:57 AM, Blogger Adrian said...

Michael,
Great to see a stamp with horses in their natural environment, rather than as on the track. Well spotted!
Hope you're well!
Kind regards from Sunny (!!!) Scotland

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click to zoom in on my visitor map!
Click to zoom in on my visitor map!