cddstamps on stamps

my thoughts on stamps, stamp collecting, philately in general and maybe a few other topics !

Monday, October 05, 2009

Jersey Naval issue Nov 2009






















Hello, I saw a promotion of these today. I know one of my readers enjoys naval related issues so this just for you :-)
There is a US connection as well because these are issued to commemorate the 400th anniversary of the birth of Sir George Carteret, who was rewarded for his support to King Charles II ( he proclaimed him King in the Islands, that is Jersey) by being given lands in America including part of New Jersey, named in his honour.


Something I learnt today. Hope you enjoy seeing the stamps. best wishes.. Michael


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click to zoom in on my visitor map!
Click to zoom in on my visitor map!