cddstamps on stamps

my thoughts on stamps, stamp collecting, philately in general and maybe a few other topics !

Thursday, March 17, 2016


Hello, I hope this finds everyone well. I just finished sorting 100 lots and adding them to my Bidstart / Stanley Gibbons Online store.  Click here  or copy this link  http://www.bidstart.com/michaelatcddstamps_QQstorenameQQ105545QQuseridQQshop   to get to the Bidstart Store or find me at michaelatcddstamps.  

If you collect Northern Rhodesia some of the lots might appeal. Plenty of Blocks with Plate numbers for example

This one from the set issued in 1953 to commemorate the birth centenary of Cecil Rhodes. His life makes very interesting reading and while I am not judging one way or another – after all times were different back in the 1900’s – one can perhaps understand why there is controversy about him and the memorials that commemorate him today

Either way this was a very nice looking issue in my view.

Have a great day     Michael

www.cddstamps.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click to zoom in on my visitor map!
Click to zoom in on my visitor map!