cddstamps on stamps

my thoughts on stamps, stamp collecting, philately in general and maybe a few other topics !

Tuesday, February 16, 2016


Hello, Thank you to all who entered the Valentines Days Competition. Entries from Australia, Canada, Ireland, India, New Zealand, Romania, The Netherlands, Finland the USA and the UK.
I picked 4 winners using an internet random number generator. after giving each entry a number as they arrived in my mail box.
Well done to Scott, Marice, Les, and Jeroen. Prizes will be in the morning mail. I am sorry so many of you did not win. I will do more competitions so please keep reading the blog.
Hope you also have time to look at cddstamps.com website and perhaps find a few more stamps that will fill a gap or two or more in your collection at very competitive prices.
Tonight stamp is from Malta and is in the cddstamps Bidstart Store here . It is SG 306 and has a quite nice Gzira Cancel.
When I was loading some of my Malta stock to the Store I was thinking back to my time in Malta many years ago.  Gzira is a town located between Msida and Sliema  The word Gżira means "island" in Maltese and the town is named after Manoel Island which lies just adjacent to the town. The seafront of Gżira is famed for its views of the walled city of Valetta which I remember very well.
Hope you like this and perhaps the 400 plus I have in the Store.
Enjoy your stamps….  Michael
www.cddstamps.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click to zoom in on my visitor map!
Click to zoom in on my visitor map!