cddstamps on stamps

my thoughts on stamps, stamp collecting, philately in general and maybe a few other topics !

Wednesday, March 13, 2013



Hi again.  well you may have seen last nights blog - I hope you did :-)    and in response a very knowledgeable Ian Norvic who runs Norvic Philatelics and writes a brilliant blog at  Norvic Blog  sent in a response..

Stamping to order was carried out by His/Her Majesty's Stationery Office, not the Post Office.   

Thanks for the additional information Ian. 

So this got me thinking about a comment I received on a stamp group thread....  the writer said to me he never reads blogs.    well how dumb is that..  by reading we learn, and blogs - well good ones :-)  provide a medium for learning.   Surely.......???    I learn from Ian's blogs nearly daily,   assume you read him especially if you collect GB and I learn from Larry's blog as I have a special interest in Machin security issues - see   http://www.cddstamps.com/gb_security_machins.htm”>Security Machins
   if you don't know what I am talking about.

As for stamps tonight.  One more souvenir sheet. Very nice.  Not real stamps; just facsimiles on this sheet. In brilliant condition given it was issued in ??   maybe 1972.. I do not have a catalogue of these; and 1948 to 1972 is not 20 years (according to my calculator) and this is 20th Anniversary souvenir sheet. :-)

I am sure someone will know. :-)   anyway I hope you enjoy just seeing it  ...

 Best wishes.. Michael            www.cddstamps.com    




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click to zoom in on my visitor map!
Click to zoom in on my visitor map!