cddstamps on stamps

my thoughts on stamps, stamp collecting, philately in general and maybe a few other topics !

Wednesday, March 06, 2013



Hello,   I have been sorting old albums and came across this souvenir sheet. I have no idea what is could be worth, but I did see  it says at the bottom it has postal validity.

It is in perfect condition.  Anyone know anything about this??

Michael  

www.cddstamps.com   -    michaelatcddstamps seller iD on  http://www.bidstart.com/stores/michaelatcddstamps  where I now have 2300 items listed

1 Comments:

At 7:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Michael,
Continuing a practice started in Victorian times, until October 31, 1973 the British Post Office would impress stamps on private stationery and self-adhesive labels. The indicia were those used on official postal stationery. The same impressions were used for this stamp show sheet. It was sold for 30p and 120,000 were issued. My copy of British Stamp Exhibitions from a few years ago values it at £2.50, and I suspect it is not much different today.
--Larry Rosenblum

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click to zoom in on my visitor map!
Click to zoom in on my visitor map!