cddstamps on stamps

my thoughts on stamps, stamp collecting, philately in general and maybe a few other topics !

Friday, August 03, 2018

Hello, just one stamp to show tonight. I hope you like it. It shows Mount Kilimanjaro in Tanzania. I have never been and one day would like to see this. Strikingly beautiful by all accounts.

Mount Kilimanjaro has three volcanic cones. It is a dormant volcano, the last eruption was some millions of years ago I think. It is the highest mountain in Africa at about 19,000 feet above sea level and part of the Kilimanjaro National Park.

For now I will just enjoy the stamp and dream of travelling there to see it.

Have a great philatelic weekend. Michael

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click to zoom in on my visitor map!
Click to zoom in on my visitor map!