cddstamps on stamps

my thoughts on stamps, stamp collecting, philately in general and maybe a few other topics !

Friday, July 07, 2017


Hello,  today I was given an envelope with this stamp on. Rather interesting I think. A 2014 issued  “Forever” stamp from the USA.  The Ringling Brothers and Barnum and Bailey Circus of course is no longer forever as it closed a few months back in May.

There is a complex history to the circus, with its origin going back P T Barmun’s travelling museum in the 1870.s.  The Ringlings purchased the Barnum & Bailey Greatest Show on Earth in 1907 and ran their own circus and the Barmun and Bailey circuses separately until 1919 when they were merged into one show, the "Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Combined Shows" with its debut in New York City. In more recent times it was billed as “The Greatest Show on Earth”


Now my friend who gave me the envelope wants to know if the stamp is worth anything?  I bought him a coffee, seem fair?  Big smile  

Enjoy your stamps   Michael    cddstamps.com  - where we now have over 30,000 stamps in the online store.  excellent selection of GB and British Commonwealth,  to help you fill a few gaps in your collection at very competitive prices. Visit here  http://cddstamps.com/great-britain-stamps/ and click the country you collect. Enjoy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click to zoom in on my visitor map!
Click to zoom in on my visitor map!