cddstamps on stamps

my thoughts on stamps, stamp collecting, philately in general and maybe a few other topics !

Monday, January 04, 2016


Hello and welcome to cddstamps and 2016. I hope this is a great year for you and you enjoy cddstamps writing and your philatelic activities. And, just a quick reminder, I hope you are able to fill a few gaps in your collection from the cddstamps store (click here for details – my many, many, many repeat customers are testament, I think, to me suggesting you have a look.

But to this stamp.  I thought I would start the year with a stamp from a country I do not think I have shown before.
I hope you enjoy seeing it. This shows the Supreme Commander of Vietnam during the Tran Dynasty (1225 to 1400).   Certainly a fascinating period in history.
Tran Hung Dao (1228–1300), shown on the stamp was the commander of  the Đại Việt armies that repelled three major Mongol invasions in the 13th century. His multiple victories are considered among the greatest military feats in world history. General Trần Hưng Đạo’s military brilliance are reflected in many warfare treatises that he authored.  He is regarded as one of the most accomplished military tacticians in history.
Enjoy your stamps, All the best for 2016
Michael 
www.cddstamps.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click to zoom in on my visitor map!
Click to zoom in on my visitor map!