cddstamps on stamps

my thoughts on stamps, stamp collecting, philately in general and maybe a few other topics !

Monday, July 06, 2015


Hello, hope you like this block. I always enjoyed geology and so to find these and the others in the 1982 Minerals issue was a delight.

SG 1278  with perf 14½  (not the 12½  perf sadly - which is catalogued at £1 a stamp as compared to 10p for this one)  Always worth checking the perforations, as I often tell you.

Still, it is a nice MUH block I think you will agree;  and if you didn't know, Agate is a banded form of finely-grained, microcrystalline Quartz.  Its name comes from the Achetes River in Sicily where Agates were first found.  


Enjoy your stamps

Michael   www.cddstamps.com

 PS   Just added more New Zealand to the bidStart shop and also you can find me at michaelatcddstamps on Stanley Gibbons Marketplace here  easy way to fill a few gaps in your collection, pay by credit card and with SG guarantees 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click to zoom in on my visitor map!
Click to zoom in on my visitor map!