cddstamps on stamps

my thoughts on stamps, stamp collecting, philately in general and maybe a few other topics !

Wednesday, August 07, 2013




Hello, been a busy past week and while I wanted to write I never made the time. Hope you like the stamps, best I can find for these two gentlemen. The reason I am showing these is because, as you may know, the date the other day was sort of significant if you like numbers. It was 5 8 13. Which you may also know is a Fibonacci sequence. That is, that the first two numbers in the Fibonacci sequence are 0 and 1, and each subsequent number is the sum of the previous two.

 In fact one can do a bit better because by taking the time in account it was 0 1 1 2 3 5 8 13.

That was early in the morning at 01 seconds and 12 minutes and 3 hours on 5th  August, year 13 ( yes we cheat a bit and drop the 20 but you see the sequence when written. Strange but true.   When will it happen again.  Any ideas?  I have no idea!!!!  but maybe never is one guess J 

Anyway, for a little prize. No idea what yet, but you know my prizes are stamps and always a nice addition to your collection, just send me an email to cddstamps@gmail.com with an answer to this question there may be more than one answer but I know of one specifically.  What is the link between Euler and Cauchy.  Both renowned mathematicians is not the right answer by the way. There is a link  believe me.

Enjoy your stamps and the interest they can bring (well lets exclude most of the modern rubbish which even though commemorating something or other are pretty boring by comparison to these two lovely stamps. Just my view.


Michael
www.cddstamps.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click to zoom in on my visitor map!
Click to zoom in on my visitor map!