cddstamps on stamps

my thoughts on stamps, stamp collecting, philately in general and maybe a few other topics !

Wednesday, February 01, 2012


Hello, tomorrow, as I write, it is Ground Hog day. Does that mean much? Surely you saw the film. Ok maybe not. I tried to find a stamp to reflect the day but the same one kept reappearing hahahahahahahah.... This from a sheet of stamps issued on back in 1987 by the US Postal Service. Issued to commemorating wildlife of North America.

And, in case you do not know, in the United States (where else!!!) February 2nd is celebrated as Groundhog Day. It has something to do with some folklore that says if a groundhog awakes from his, or hers I presume, hibernating slumber and sees their shadow, there will be 6 more weeks of winter weather. Of course in the film, Ground Hog day was interpreted to mean whatever happens on the 2nd will keep happening, day after day for how long I forget but 6 weeks seems long enough. :-)

I do hope that does not apply in Hong Kong because it is still too cold here for my liking.

best wishes.. Michael

PS please don't forget to have a look at my auction lots on Bidstart.com user name michaelatcddstamps I guarantee they will be sold and disappear after the next few days :-)

1 Comments:

At 7:45 AM, Blogger Kah-Wai Lin said...

Nice blog you have here!
Welcome to visit my new philatelic blog:
http://helixphilately.blogspot.com/
http://philatelyresource.blogspot.com/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click to zoom in on my visitor map!
Click to zoom in on my visitor map!