cddstamps on stamps

my thoughts on stamps, stamp collecting, philately in general and maybe a few other topics !

Saturday, April 11, 2009

a digression from Easter


I should be showing Easter eggs on stamps.. will do tomorrow I promise.

I have to show you this. I really do. It is for sale for US $2 on a website I found. Described as "Used Condition" although the seller does note the right corner is damaged. Oh, and it is not the only piece of junk I found on the site. Obviously the web site seller is not a member of the IPDA - Internet Philatelic Dealers Association Inc.

How bad that someone should even think of selling this. It should be put in the garbage. More importantly, I hope you all know rubbish when you see it. I am so angry that people can use the internet to sell stamps when they are obviously just trying to take advantage of people. Don't buy just because you want a stamp for your collection. And please make sure your friends don't get suckered into these type of buy situations.

Ruined my day to know there are people out there trying to sell stuff like this. Who are these unscrupulous morons.

If ever in doubt about a stamp please email at cddstamps@gmail.com I am a Director of the IPDA and if I do not know, one of the Board will.

Easter eggs tomorrow I promise. Perhaps I need some chocolate :-) enjoy your stamps

Michael

4 Comments:

At 1:50 AM, Blogger Ian - Norvic said...

"Who are these unscrupulous morons."

Michael, it would be useful to name and shame. Then if anybody landed on that site through looking at a different stamp, they could be wary of the overall attitude of the seller. I wonder what his packaging is like, for instance?

 
At 2:24 AM, Blogger cddstamps said...

Ian, I had thought about that but am hestitant for fear of reprisal.. happy to hear your advice ... I will use the point you make in a future blog.. let me work on the wording

Hope you are having a pleasant Easter weekend.. Michael

 
At 7:09 AM, Blogger Stamps-4-your-pleasure said...

I have just recently started up my own on-line store and when I see something like this it makes me wonder if I did the right thing.

We all know how hard it is to be found and seen and then you have sellers presenting millions of people with such an item. Not good for bringing people to trust on-line dealers. I am not totally familiar yet with Google but didn't I see somewhere that you can report such occurences?

On the bright side I also found your Association and joining it is on my To Do list for tomorrow.

Happy Easter everybody.

Emeric

 
At 2:26 AM, Blogger cddstamps said...

Emeric, Hello, thank you for reading my blog and for writing. Please do join us, the IPDA. I think you will find we are trying to promote good values and if you are a member I feel it will be of value to you and I hope you will contribute to the membership as well. Ultimately those who try to sell the quality of "stamp" I showed last night will not survive. It just needs us to promote to the buyers the value of being accredited as an Internet Philatelice Dealer.

I look forward to seeing your application and visiting your store.

Regards.. Michael

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click to zoom in on my visitor map!
Click to zoom in on my visitor map!