cddstamps on stamps

my thoughts on stamps, stamp collecting, philately in general and maybe a few other topics !

Monday, March 30, 2009

Poles and Glaciers


Hello, I happened to be in a Post Office the other day and saw this cover. Rather nice I thought. Anyone have glaciers as a thematic?

This issue is part of a world-wide initiative involving over 30 national postal administrations. The stamp issue highlights the importance of earth's poles and glaciers and how they are threatened by global warming. Correctly name the two countries that initiated the stamp issue and this cover is yours. Please send email to me at cddstamps@gmail.com and please include your mailing address. First correct answer wins the cover.

Enjoy your stamps .......Michael

4 Comments:

At 7:29 AM, Blogger Pablo (yo) said...

Hi,
I also know this one!!
Argentina took part of this issue: http://www.correoargentino.com.ar/filatelia/2009.php
but is not one of the two that started it.
Best,

 
At 3:43 AM, Blogger cddstamps said...

Hi.. mailed your prize today.. thanks for reading and good to hear Argentina was also part of this issue.. do you have the stamps they issued I wonder??

Best wishes... Michael

 
At 4:33 AM, Blogger Pablo (yo) said...

Yes, this is the block Argentina issued: http://albumdeestampillas.blogspot.com/2009/03/nueva-emision-del-correo-argentino.html

 
At 7:18 AM, Blogger Stamps-4-your-pleasure said...

Hi,

I have started a blog on this subject which I intend to keep up-dated as much as possible.

I posted a preliminary list of all issuing countries participating in this event.

http://internationalpolaryear.blogspot.com/

You are more than welcome to visit and leave your comments.

I apologize if the presentation may look somewhat straggly but I'm fairly new at this.

emeric

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click to zoom in on my visitor map!
Click to zoom in on my visitor map!