cddstamps on stamps

my thoughts on stamps, stamp collecting, philately in general and maybe a few other topics !

Friday, February 13, 2009

Henry VIII.. of Gibralater ????


Hello, Happy Valentines day to you all.. am in a hotel in Kuala Lumpu.. how lovely :-) and finding time to write a few words. I scanned these before I left Sydney earlier this week. I am trying to work out what Henry VIII had to do with Gibralter. :-) just my warped mind I guess. Or just proof that if there is nothing to commemorate from your country find something from another that might appeal to the collectors. Well 500 years is worth remembering (He took the throne of England in 1509 as you may know) Where he took it too has been speculation ever since ha ha!!! At least Royal Mail is issuing their House of Tudor issue on the actual anniversary.. 21st April

Enjoy your stamps.. best wishes... Michael

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click to zoom in on my visitor map!
Click to zoom in on my visitor map!