cddstamps on stamps

my thoughts on stamps, stamp collecting, philately in general and maybe a few other topics !

Monday, January 05, 2009

and the wicked Queen said...

Hello everyone, well to start with how nice to get some useful feedback to my last post. Very informative comments and I thank Larry and Ian for that. I think the points I raised could be debated but I bow to their greater experience and knowledge. Although........... time will tell :-) If you have not read their comments please do. You will learn as I am.

I soaked this stamp off the envelope yesterday, from a letter I received from the UK. ( from a self adhesive, perfs give it away). Un-franked, for sale for 50p.. only joking, ha ha ha ha. no seriously.. new prize for the best caption to what the Queen is saying.. must be some philatelic reference :-) email me at cddstamps@gmail.com

Enjoy your stamps. ......... Michael

4 Comments:

At 12:25 PM, Blogger Ian - Norvic said...

She said, "30 rejections in 6 years for a real part, and now I'm on the worldwide stage!'

See http://forums.delphiforums.com/stamps/messages?msg=33964.1 and http://www.metro.co.uk/news/article.html?Royal_Mail_gives_panto_hopeful_stamp_of_approval&in_article_id=442079&in_page_id=34

Sorry, I'm sure somebody can come up with something funny!

 
At 5:25 AM, Blogger Machin Man said...

Who said "Fruit & Veg stamps would not catch on."

 
At 11:34 PM, Blogger Shalotte said...

Hey, I thought the Queen was the evil Queen in the story Snow White!! Am I the only one here that thinks so?

 
At 12:33 AM, Blogger Ian - Norvic said...

Shalotte, you're right. But what makes you think that anybody else thinks otherwise. Evil Queen = Wicked Queen etc.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click to zoom in on my visitor map!
Click to zoom in on my visitor map!