cddstamps on stamps

my thoughts on stamps, stamp collecting, philately in general and maybe a few other topics !

Friday, February 06, 2009

a new form of damage

Hello, yes rather strange title but today I soaked a few stamps.. seemed a good idea as it was so hot and I knew they would dry quickly.. these..


....rather nice block I thought, but they had an Australia Post bar code sticker across them.. well actually down them.. I thought I couldn't soak it off but with really hot water it came away just fine. Damage part???, you ask, Well, there is a tacky sticky glue remnant left behind. Look carefully and you can see some gray shading in the middle of the stamps. So just to let you know something else to look for these days in used stamps.

Enjoy your stamps.. Michael

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click to zoom in on my visitor map!
Click to zoom in on my visitor map!