cddstamps on stamps

my thoughts on stamps, stamp collecting, philately in general and maybe a few other topics !

Thursday, January 29, 2009

your advice ......

Hello, yes have been travelling. sorry not written for ages. have so much to write about. So much to say. Will be short though as am rather disturbed! Recently flew the inaugural Qantas A380 Sydney Singapore. great flight excellent cabin crew, and had my FFC carried on the Singapore London leg. Will show genuine first flight covers soon (am in KL right now with no access to covers or scanner)

BUT,

I have been looking at a well known auction site recently.... seen a few "envelopes" that have Qantas and A380 and London Singapore flight related references. What do I do? I wrote to the seller asking if the covers had been flown, how did the frankings get to be there, you know, some credential type information. Guess what reply I got. You guessed it. yet I see these envelopes being sold. I know it is all buyer beware but is there some code of ethics out there? seems not. Is it wrong for for me to care. To think that fraud and misrepresentation should be stopped? Is it wrong that I want honest and genuine material to be sold.

I am confused. I am annoyed. I am angry that this is happening and I feel helpless to stop it.

Your advice? Get over it? Live and let live? .... How do I (we) get a message out there to the people that these are nothing other than envelopes created to be sold at a profit when they have no real linkage to the actual event they pertain to represent? would value your thoughts.

Michael

3 Comments:

At 5:24 AM, Blogger Ian - Norvic said...

"I wrote to the seller asking if the covers had been flown, how did the frankings get to be there, you know, some credential type information. Guess what reply I got. You guessed it."

No, I don't guess it Michael. I assume that these have commemorative postmarks but were not flown - I know you're busy, but provide a link to them so that we can all see what has upset you.

 
At 8:18 AM, Blogger Ganesh Potphode said...

Hello
I am collector from Saudi Arabia,
I would like to swaps covers with you. I have mu own Blog.
I am collecting stamps on Olympic Games.
Please email me back
gbp125@rediffmail.com
Regards
Ganesh

 
At 8:18 AM, Blogger Ganesh Potphode said...

Hello
I am collector from Saudi Arabia,
I would like to swaps covers with you. I have mu own Blog.
I am collecting stamps on Olympic Games.
Please email me back
gbp125@rediffmail.com
Regards
Ganesh

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click to zoom in on my visitor map!
Click to zoom in on my visitor map!