cddstamps on stamps

my thoughts on stamps, stamp collecting, philately in general and maybe a few other topics !

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Language............

Last night I showed the new stamp from Korea. Language. Oh how we love our language.

First in answer to the question what is written on the stamps.. roughly translated it says

"if words go up the nation will go up, if words go down the nation will go down" I think that is saying that language defines a nation and the prosperity of the language reflects the prosperity of the nation.

Now having said that I suggest you read this link... http://www.telegraph.co.uk/global/main.jhtml?view=DETAILS&grid=&xml=/global/2008/09/01/noindex/tesco.xml&DCMP=EMC-exp_01092008

I don't think I need to say anymore about the direction of the Nation in question do I :-)

I was going to write about Phosphors on early GB Wildings but I think that can wait until tomorrow - got to find some to show you anyway.

Enjoy your stamps and mind your language ha ha ha ha ha ha ha :-) Michael

1 Comments:

At 12:33 AM, Blogger Adrian said...

Blimey!
But they've got a point though, language may be an ever changing thing (and it should be) but when "Am I bovvered" attitudes become standard practice rather than a joke, it says a lot about the state of a people.....
(going into hibernation now...)
:-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click to zoom in on my visitor map!
Click to zoom in on my visitor map!