cddstamps on stamps

my thoughts on stamps, stamp collecting, philately in general and maybe a few other topics !

Monday, September 01, 2008

Centennial of Korean Language Society

Is that something different as a subject heading :-)


It is said that language defines a country. All countries should should maintain and upgrade their language.


On August 31 1908 the Korean Language Society was established.
This new stamp is from a sheet of 20 which I just happened to have the post office staff tell me about - well rather that saw me and pulled the sheet from a drawer to show me - they have obviously decided stamps interest me, even if we cannot talk together about stamps :-) they still like to show me different stamps.


Anyway, this from the middle top of the sheet. Hope you like it. This stamp features the work of calligrapher Seo Huihwan who I have to sadly admit I know nothing about - oh how sad is my knowledge of Korean history and its wonderful people.

Enjoy your stamps, Michael


1 Comments:

At 5:23 PM, Blogger Ice Queen said...

How beautiful! I wonder what the writing says?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click to zoom in on my visitor map!
Click to zoom in on my visitor map!