cddstamps on stamps

my thoughts on stamps, stamp collecting, philately in general and maybe a few other topics !

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

postal history................

A bit of history tonight. There is more to stamps than just the stamps themselves. Well that is my view.

I hope you enjoy reading the attached link - well I hope it links - or just copy to your address bar. http://stamps.about.com/od/history/a/Postal_History.htm
I have not had a competition question for a while. So here is one. When was the first privately owned postal type delivery system started, what year please, by who and from what city?

I have a a mint unhinged set of GB to give away - SG 1075 - 1078 email me at cddstamps@gmail.com and you must include your mailing address. 4th correct answer wins these. Oh! and did I tell you about my auction lots on http://www.stampoffers.com/ :-) user id cddstamps :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click to zoom in on my visitor map!
Click to zoom in on my visitor map!