cddstamps on stamps

my thoughts on stamps, stamp collecting, philately in general and maybe a few other topics !

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Aviation on Stamps - Australia

Hello, yes it has been a while since I wrote. Yes been travelling. Yes been busy with work, and yes had so little time for stamps. Miss them as they help me relax. As you will deduce from the cover I show, I was in Australia last week (am back in Seoul now) and was fortunate enough to be there when the Aviation issue was released. My interest of course being Aviation on stamps and in particular the A380 on stamps. And here is another A380 on a stamp in this issue.
I have to tell you the opening lines from Australia Post about this issue.
"The Aviation stamp issue looks at the role of aircraft in carrying airmail and passengers in Australia since the beginning of civil air transport in 1921"
Don't you just love the statement of the obvious. Of course you only get to appreciate this if you actually possess a copy of the rather nicely produced Prestige Booklet. The stamps themselves are just good pictures of aircraft on stamps. Interesting aircraft and a good selection in my view. Hope you like them.

The issue was released to coincide with the launch of the Qantas A380, so say Australia Post even if the Aircraft won't actually be flying for Qantas on commercial service until October I believe. I could be wrong, even I have not had time to follow the schedules, and sadly won't be on the first flight.

Anyway, enough for now, enjoy your stamps. First person to send me some stamps showing the A380 - will get a free copy of this FDC. Address.. Apt 119-1401, #1159 Hwagok-dong, Gangseo-gu, Seoul 157 015.
Best wishes... Michael

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click to zoom in on my visitor map!
Click to zoom in on my visitor map!