cddstamps on stamps

my thoughts on stamps, stamp collecting, philately in general and maybe a few other topics !

Saturday, June 28, 2008

Thanks for your thoughts on last nights stamps :-) How I wish they were the original issue.. but as many have said they were from the 1994 commemorative souvenier issue.. well I think they were hee hee ..

Tonight ... some stamps I picked up this week while visiting the post office to collect a letter that did not fit my mail box here in the apartment.
Nice... well I think so.. issued here in Korea to commemorate the OECD Ministerial Meeting on the future of the Internet Economy...something we are all part of in some way or another. Some material I found on the web, in case you were not aware of this pretty significant conference.

A number of the world's leading figures in the Internet and telecommunication industry gathered in Seoul in June to share their views before more than 40 ministers from industrialized countries about how the Internet should and will change the world. The Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) Ministerial Meeting on the Future of the Internet Economy was held at the COEX exhibition complex in southern Seoul on June 17-18.

Forty-two ministers from 37 countries and 41 influential figures from business and academic sectors attended. Leaders and representatives of 14 international organizations, including OECD Secretary General Angel Gurria, who chaired the event, and Secretary General of International Telecommunication Union Hamadoun Toure were also among those participanting. Other participants include Katsuaki Watanabe, president and CEO of Toyota Motors; Barbara Dalibard, CEO of France Telecom; Jim Balsillie, CEO of Research in Motion, the maker of Blackberry phones; Mitchell Baker, chairwoman of the Mozilla Foundation, the creator of the Firefox Web browser; Vint Cerf, vice president of Google. Pretty impressive just for starters I think you will agree.

“The goal of the OECD ministerial meeting is to make policies for economic growth via the Internet, so we suggested convergence, creativity and confidence as the main topics,” said Choi See-joong, chairman of the Korea Communications Commission (KCC), which co-hosted the meeting with the OECD.
We are all part of the Internet economy whether we realise it or not. I am enjoying the research I can do, the stamps I can find out about, buy and even sell, and the world wide readership (see map at end of this thread) I can have to my thoughts on stamps and the worldwide friends I can "virtually" make. How wonderful is that .
Enjoy your stamps.. tell a friend about my blog please :-) Best wishes....Michael

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click to zoom in on my visitor map!
Click to zoom in on my visitor map!