cddstamps on stamps

my thoughts on stamps, stamp collecting, philately in general and maybe a few other topics !

Friday, June 27, 2008

sorting some stamps again tonight...gotta get a life I hear you say.. well I will next week.. off to
Singapore for meetings.. then Sydney, there for long weekend then Tokyo.. then back to Seoul. To my fan club ( all one of you ) who thinks I whinge about the airports and travel :-) hee hee.. but seriously I say this to also tell you I may not be writing much for two weeks..will try but doubt I'll have much spare time.. anyway.. to stamps.. while sorting some world mix tonight I found these..
heavy postmark but I thought surprising as I don't usually see higer value USA stamps.. I don't have a catalogue so don't know when they were issued. Nice all the same I thought so am showing them for you. I do like the older designs. Your thoughts?


Enjoy your stamps.. Have a great weekend.. Best wishes.. Michael

4 Comments:

At 2:32 PM, Blogger Gem from Airdrie said...

Hi Michael,Those 2 Madisons on piece are quite nice. Issued 1904 or 05 depending on watermark or not. Quite nice value , too.
Regards, Glenn , Calgary

 
At 8:08 PM, Blogger Mark said...

Actually I believe these are from the souvenir sheet issued in 1994. The original stamps were issued in 1894 and 1895 (SC 2006). From what little I can see it looks like these stamps were used in more modern times. I would like to think no one is quite that crazy to use these stamps on an cover. In mint condition they are worth more than $1000, if they are pre 1900. The modern version is worth around $1.50 used. The pre 1900 are perf 12 while the modern versions are 11. Mark Rogers, Port Arthur, Tx

 
At 10:21 PM, Blogger Gem from Airdrie said...

I stand corrected, actually I thought along those lines, but figured that was too easy. Glenn

 
At 4:47 AM, Blogger cddstamps said...

thanks everyone.. I had other emails saying the 1994 souvenier issue. Wish they were the earlier issue :-)

MIchael

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click to zoom in on my visitor map!
Click to zoom in on my visitor map!