cddstamps on stamps

my thoughts on stamps, stamp collecting, philately in general and maybe a few other topics !

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

where are mine.. I am wondering

Hello, have you bought a Valentines day card for your loved one(s) big smile... I was reading about Valentines day and learned that 85% of cards are bought by women. If that is the case, why am I not getting any ...big smile... (cards!!) come on you guys out there... own up.. how many are you getting.. you surely must be getting my share......... and you ladies.. why are you not sending me a card..



Valentines Day was celebrated on a GB stamp issued in 1981 and I am giving the cover shown above as a prize to the first correct answer to the following..............

The first recorded association of Valentine's Day with romantic love is in ..what text??? and who wrote it??? and in what year ???

For this was on seynt Volantynys day

Whan euery bryd comyth there to chese [chose] his make [mate].


This poem was written to honor the first anniversary of the engagement of King Richard II of England to Anne of Bohemia

Emails to cddstamps@gmail.com with your mailing address please..( so I can mail you the cover) and when you find the text that this question came from I think you will enjoying reading more about Valentines day.

I wanted to show the new USA "LOVE" stamp issue.. but to be honest I refuse to show such rubbish on thisblog.. this has to be a contender for the worst stamp design ever.. ...your thoughts... have a look at http://shop.usps.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/TopCategoriesDisplay?storeId=10001&catalogId=10152 what a gross stamp..... truely gross...

enjoy your stamps.. best wishes... Michael

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click to zoom in on my visitor map!
Click to zoom in on my visitor map!