cddstamps on stamps

my thoughts on stamps, stamp collecting, philately in general and maybe a few other topics !

Monday, January 28, 2008

hippodamia convergens

Hello, as you know, I think stamps collecting should be enjoyable, and eductaional. I find it so. And writing this blog gives me plenty of opportunity to learn. Occassionally I get sent stamps and the following is a miniature sheet I received some months ago.

Ok, so the question is easy when you study the sheet but did you know what a hippodamia convergens was... by another name I am sure you did.
Certainly not what one might imagine... and certainly not what I imagine as the Tyranosaurus Rex of the insect kingdom. If you are a gardener. have a browse at http://www.biconet.com/biocontrol/ladybug.html Best wishes... Michael

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click to zoom in on my visitor map!
Click to zoom in on my visitor map!