cddstamps on stamps

my thoughts on stamps, stamp collecting, philately in general and maybe a few other topics !

Saturday, January 05, 2008

Thought I'd talk about the IPDA for a few minutes

I have started listing again at Stampoffers.. .. looks good and easy to use.. well done James... but it occurred to me after listing that I had forgotten to put I was an IPDA member... and then I thought about the rubbish we have been seeing exposed on some of the threads here.. hopefully you will have seen them and laughed along with many of us, but as I said on one thread........ sad but true. And yes I know we all say Buyer beware, and Buyer be aware, but there is more to it than that....... there is honest and credibility and pride isn't there?
So, I thought, for those of you who buy - do you look to see if the seller is an IPDA member ...... a member of the Internet Philatelic Dealers Association ?? :?:
and if you are a seller do you promote that you are an IPDA member?? :?:
arrggghhh... :shock: because you are not a member of the IPDA ... yet..... well please have a look at http://www.ipdaonline.org find out about us....... we are a small group I will admit but we want to grow and promote good values, ethical as well as stamp values, when selling on the internet.
Yes, we are an Association for sellers on the internet...... so that buyers can be confident when buying from one of us.
email me at michaelatipda@gmail.com and I will send you a free copy of the last two IPDA Newsletters... email me if you are a buyer or a seller..... I don't mind...... you will get the free copies sent to you by reply.
I have seen some pretty bad items for sale over the past years - you may have read my rantings on these :) actually can be fun I guess........ But I and all the other really genuine sellers don't want buyers to get ripped off.
So like I said,
sellers..... join and promote the IPDA and everything we stand for and want to promote,
and buyers...... ask if the seller is a member of the IPDA :)
Look, the cost to become a member is really only a nominal fee, US $20 a year for a one year membership.. that is all, no one off joining cost, and you get 10 to 12 copies of my brilliant newsletter :) :) and free ads on the IPDA website and probably more :D

Best wishes.. Michael
online application form available at http://www.ipdaonline.org

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click to zoom in on my visitor map!
Click to zoom in on my visitor map!