cddstamps on stamps

my thoughts on stamps, stamp collecting, philately in general and maybe a few other topics !

Wednesday, January 20, 2021

 


A little bit of nostalgia today.  Earlier today I was reading about the Australian loss to India, rather embarrassing eh!!  and then I came across this MS.    From 46 years ago.  I vaguely remember it.....  or is it that I have ever since tried to wipe away the memory of England losing to Australia in the semi final at Headingley.  Australia did lose to the West Indies in the final  so the pain of the England's loss was made easier to bare :-) 

Anyway, this is a nice simple commemorative sheetlet.  The series was the first Cricket World Cup and the first major One Day International tournament. 

Enjoy your stamps    Stay safe    Michel cddstamps.com do visit us and  see how we can help you fill a few gaps in your collection      or just visit the online store here

.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click to zoom in on my visitor map!
Click to zoom in on my visitor map!