cddstamps on stamps

my thoughts on stamps, stamp collecting, philately in general and maybe a few other topics !

Sunday, January 10, 2021

Hello,  another weekend  disappeared so fast.  I found this on the desk today.  Just had to show it -   for aviation collectors and general collectors......     do you know what  struck me....   200 years of manned flight.        perhaps naively I only think of the past 100 years but in 1783 on 19 October, the Montgolfier brothers launched the first manned flight, a tethered balloon with 3 people on board, at the Folie Titon in Paris.   Tirhis is overprinted SPECIMEN. No idea how I came by it.  Anyone know a  cat value? This was SG MS 133 from the 1982 Bicentenary of manned flight issue. 

 Have a lovely week.  Monday tomorrow.. stay safe.  Michael cddstamps.com


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click to zoom in on my visitor map!
Click to zoom in on my visitor map!