cddstamps on stamps

my thoughts on stamps, stamp collecting, philately in general and maybe a few other topics !

Sunday, March 26, 2017


A cover tonight. Hope you enjoy seeing this. I am reflecting on how long it took to fly anywhere in these amazing aircraft as I pack for a 5 week trip to the UK.  Over the next 6 weeks I have 12 flights and while I may have some internet access I am not sure if I will get the opportunity to post. But will try, as perhaps there will be some interesting aircraft and even more interesting flights.  Watch this space.
The plane shown on the stamp is a Boeing 314 Clipper. This was a long range flying boat built by Boeing between 1938 and 1941.  It was one of the largest aircraft of its time and had a range for flights across the Atlantic and Pacific oceans.  Twelve were built for Pan Am, with 9 in service for them and the remaining 3 sold to BOAC
The stamp is SG 569 one of 4 from the 1941 issue
Best wishes.....   Michael  cddstamps.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click to zoom in on my visitor map!
Click to zoom in on my visitor map!