cddstamps on stamps

my thoughts on stamps, stamp collecting, philately in general and maybe a few other topics !

Sunday, February 12, 2017


Hello, where does the time go?  So many weeks since I last wrote. So much has happened although none of it to do with philately.

I did receive some mail this past week and found this stamp. I was writing about Australia stamps some weeks back so will continue by showing this lovely stamp.

This is SG 177 from the 1937 - 1949 George VI definitive Coronation Robes issue.  There were three stamps with the Coronation Robes design which was based on photographs by the very well known Dorothy Wilding. This 10/-  value was issued in April 1938 along with the 5/- value, and the £1 value was issued in November of that year.

Lovely to have in any Australian collection I think you might agree.

Enjoy your stamps...... Michael   cddstamps.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click to zoom in on my visitor map!
Click to zoom in on my visitor map!