cddstamps on stamps

my thoughts on stamps, stamp collecting, philately in general and maybe a few other topics !

Tuesday, October 04, 2016





Tonight a change of countries and theme. I thought you might like to see this strip of 5 because it was today, October 4th, back in 1957 that the space race took off, so to speak, with the launch of Sputnik 1, the first artificial satellite to orbit the Earth.
 
The Sputnik stamp is shown on the cover I produced for the first commercial A380 flight from Sydney to Singapore, and on which I was a passenger carrying my covers. I hope you enjoy seeing the cover, the stamps and remembering how long ago 1957 was!!!!, let alone how it is hard to believe it was 9 years ago that the A380 started commercial flying. Enjoy your stamps and the memories I hope they give you.. Best wishes ...   Michael
 
PS only 36 hours left for the free pair of tweezers offer  with all orders from the cddstamps online shop. visit cddstamps.com or go directly to the online shop here 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click to zoom in on my visitor map!
Click to zoom in on my visitor map!