cddstamps on stamps

my thoughts on stamps, stamp collecting, philately in general and maybe a few other topics !

Friday, April 10, 2015



Hello and TGIF.  How good a feeling is it.  Friday night here and I havie been looking for cricket stamps from Australia so I could show one to accompany, in my small way, my respect for the great Richie Benaud. As you will no doubt have read he died peacefully in his sleep last night.  Every news channel everywhere has written about him and what a legend he was so I won't repeat details about him.

I don't think he has been honoured on an Australian stamp - I could be wrong - but surely  there can be few others in the sporting arena, expecially cricket, to deserve such an honour.

Thanks for the cricketing brilliance, the wonderful commentaries and yes, inspiration to many of us, over the years.

Have a great weekend everyone.
Michael
www.cddstamps.com




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click to zoom in on my visitor map!
Click to zoom in on my visitor map!