cddstamps on stamps

my thoughts on stamps, stamp collecting, philately in general and maybe a few other topics !

Saturday, April 12, 2014



Hello, hope you having a good weekend. I am exhausted :-)  been working stamps all day. Finally got my Bidstart Store http://cddstamps.com/bidstart-sales/     listing replenished. Back up to over 8800 finally. Great to sell but I do like to offer  a good selection and with the 600 I've sold over the past month that has been difficult. Great to know collectors are enjoying my listings, choice of stamps, quality I hope, and of course affordable prices to help you fill some gaps in your collection. Also it helps me fill some gaps in mine.

Now it is Easter in a week and I thought why not have an Easter competition. Prize will be the set above.

Easy to win, just email me at cddstamps@gmail.com and please include your mailing address, and I will randomly select a winner from the responses I receive. Quiz entries must be received by Wednesday evening 21:00 Hong Kong time. I will mail on Thursday to get into the mail before the Easter break as I am flying back to Australia for Easter.

Quiz question:  The handover ceremony of Hong Kong in 1997 officially marked the transfer of sovereignty over Hong Kong from the UK to the People's Republic of China.   Someone is reported as saying this was the Great Chinese Takeaway. Who was that someone?

And if it interests you,  this is a really great place to work and live and all the stupid speculation back then about what would happen to Hong Kong has of course never materialised.

Have a great weekend, oh and of course you realise the stamps are the issue commemorating the handover. SG 900 - 905 with a SG cat of £3.00;  I picked these up in a box lot at the stamp arcade here. Obviously someone had taken them off a FDC.

Michael

www.cddstamps.com 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click to zoom in on my visitor map!
Click to zoom in on my visitor map!